Monday, December 29, 2008

Remembering Important Days

It's nice to receive a card or even a call from someone remembering your special day. The giving can be just as fun as the receiving, especially when you're organized. Here's a way to be sure you don't forget other people's important days.

The beginning of the year is a perfect time to mark your calendar with important birthdays, anniversaries and events.

With my trusty refrigerator calendar and red pen, I carry over dates from the previous year and make new additions. My goal is to prepare cards just before the beginning of each month. I use a sticky note to mark each with the date it needs to be sent, and keep the stack on the counter by the garage door. This helps me time each card for its recipient's big day.

Benefits of this technique include considerable time savings, and avoiding the embarrassment of having to ask people for their birthdays again and again.

1 comment:

Grandma Z said...

I'll be using this tip. Great idea to keep my life in order. Thanks Kelly!!