Sunday, December 21, 2008

Keying In On Clutter

As a great complement to me, my husband teaches me the benefits of giving everything it's own place. Extra keys just laying around make him a little shifty. For good reason too... just leave it to someone like me to lock my keys in the car, and not know where to find the extra key.

This little arrangement was found at Home Depot. Kept in a discreet place on the pantry wall, the color coordinated labels ensure we put the keys back. We use this for the electric box key, gate key, car keys, even padlock keys.

Just one step in fighting the war on junk drawer clutter.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

We have a serious junk drawer issue.I am ready to chuck everything from that drawer into the garbage and start over. I hate pawing through our messy drawer to find keys we don't use that much (for the back gate, electrical box, etc.). This is a simple idea that I did not think of before. Thanks for the handy suggestion.

Grandma Z said...

I can see myself using this great idea. Who doesn't have unmarked keys in a junk drawer and you forgot what it locked and unlocked.