Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Chore List

Crazy clean Saturdays, make for a crazy me.

When my chores are split up with a little to do each day, (even 15 minutes worth) Saturdays don't hit as hard. Here is the current(ever-changing) chore list posted on my refridgerator and a step by step approach to making it your own.

Daily
 Make bed
 Clean bedroom/bathroom
 Clean countertops (kitchen)
 Sweep kitchen floor
 Start coffee
 Wash and put away dishes
Monday
 extra option
Tuesday
 Toilets sinks counters in bathrooms
 Laundry 1light/1dark
 Vacuum Downstairs
Wednesday
 extra option
Thursday
 Laundry sheets/towels/robes
 Vacuum Upstairs
Friday
 Dust/Disinfect
 Laundry 1light/1dark
Saturday
 Clean kitchen/bathroom floors
 Meal plan for week
 Grocery store
 Clean patio
 Laundry
Extra options
 Clean refrigerator
 Organize a closet
 Pantry
 Clear kitchen basket
Wipe Floor Boards Up
Wipe Floor Boards Down


Write or type out an inventory of what is cleaned in your home weekly.
***Tip-Mentally walk through each room in your home.

Separate the items on the list that you want to do daily(ie. after each meal, upon waking, or prior to bed). Put these items into your daily section at the top of your Chore List.

Assign each chore in the list to a different day of the week. Not everyday must have chores listed. You may find you will have one or two days off.

Think about the different events you have that may interfere with your match (If you have an exceptionally busy day every Tuesday, don't match Tuesday with a chore that may run over such as cleaning the bathrooms)

Try to separate the chore assignments that you are not overwhelmed on any particular day.

Use Extra Options for light cleaning or to keep up a variety in your routine.

Mondays for me tend to be the 'Go Get Em day' of my week. Hearing machines run like the washer makes me feel productive.

For you, feeling productive may just be adding a completion check mark to your newly created list.

Happy Cleaning!

3 comments:

Cindy Stark said...

This is going to make you a famous stat at home mommy. I will say I knew you back in the day. I will see you on Oprah for changing and helping the lives of many, many stay at home mom's!!!!!


YOU ROCK. So blessed that I know you!!!!

Grandma Z said...

This is great! Thank you Kelly for your inspiration and for sharing your skills and expert advice. That's all I needed. A little inspiration to get organized. You never cease to amaze me with your talents and your love and zest for life.

Anonymous said...

Thank you! I just stumbled upon your site and had to show it to my wife too. I've been trying to find something that would make daily chores easy to plan out.