Monday, September 14, 2009

Play-doh is back!

After seeing an article in the October 2009 edition of Family Fun about making your own playdough, it reminded me that our Play-doh has been out of rotation for a while. Then I realized the reason why. The Play-doh we have is hard ... and hard to work with.

After arriving at the museum we packed up for and drove out to was closed, I had to quick find some excitement for kids who were in the car for too long. We decided to stop into target today for an adventure in the toy aisle. (Please note - this adventure only works with my little ones after a few rough adventures where mama stayed strong letting them know we aren't going to buy anything. I also threaten that we sadly can't come back if they carryon, but we can call Grandma and/or Daddy when we get home to share our findings with them and who knows....)

A case of Play-doh goes for $4.79 and a 4 pack for $1.64 at Target. If you ask me, $1.64 for HOURS of fun is worth it.

Option B is back to the create your own playdough. I would absolutely refer you to www.familyfun.go.com. They have not posted the All-Natural Play Clay recipie yet, but they have a handful of other ones that you can choose from. I just love this magazine!

Back at home... hours of fun began again. Now daddy has a "to do" with his little blessings when the show ends. :)

1 comment:

Grandma Z said...

Good and enjoyable read!! I used to make play dough for my kids way back when...