Saturday, September 26, 2009

Easy Peeling Hard Boiled Eggs

This tip had made it to the orderly home blog because it is a great time saving tip for any mom. I look forward to hearing about how much time you have saved!

If you want to have some easy peel hard boiled eggs....
  • get a pot of water to a rolling boil
  • add eggs
  • set timer for 12 minutes
  • when timer goes off, bring pot to sink and empty water only
  • fill pot with ice cubes and cold water
  • let sit for 5-10 minutes
  • keep eggs in the refrigerator
When the eggs are ready for use, crack the egg by rolling it all the way around in the center, and whala... the shell will practically fall right off. This may even be a fun to do with your little ones.

You may just see this post again around Easter!

1 comment:

Jessica said...

I don't think I've told you this, but I come back to this post every single time I boil eggs! Why I forget exactly what to do is beyond me. I also add vinegar to the water to keep them from cracking. Have you ever heard of that?