Wednesday, January 28, 2009

What to do with Plastic Grocery Bags?

Until you remember to take those used grocery bags to a store for recycling, here are some suggestions for how to store them, and maybe even reuse them.

Adorable handmade dolls can be found at Linda's Creations for $20.00. Definately one of my future purchases. I have seen these and can attest to them holding quite a few bags.

Super Human Grocery Bag Holder found at Target for $12.99.
We currently use this holder and I have found that it fills up too fast. When I remember to bring in the cotton grocery bags placed in our car that are to be used at the store, this one may work just fine. Order for me, comes with practice.

For the creative/green in you, below is a list of 10 smart uses for Old Plastic Bags. The detail and original list can be found on the Real Simple website.
  1. As knee pads
  2. As hand protectors for doggy doo
  3. Paint preservers-in the middle of a paint job
  4. Make shift rain hats
  5. Easy kitchen cleanups (suggesting to peeling fruits and veggies on top)
  6. As wrapping paper
  7. Wet umbrella holders
  8. Shoe Protectors/carpet protectors (muddy shoes)
  9. As Cookbook protectors
  10. As planter fillers (saving on needed potting soil)

1 comment:

Grandma Z said...

good idea!! I'll be using these ideas for the overflow of never ending plastic bags in my life.